Job Title: Product Support Technician
Department: Product Support
Reports To: Product Support Manager
FLSA status: Exempt
Under the direction from the Product Support Manager, the job of Product Support Technician is responsible for performing scheduled service, repair, modifications and total field support for the Carlson Paving equipment. Product Support Technicians are expected to travel to whatever destination is necessary to meet the needs of the customer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide multiple mechanical and/or training services to customers depending on whether the customer has purchased new equipment or has existing equipment.
- Expected to have a thorough knowledge of the equipment’s various systems. Must be able to accurately troubleshoot and diagnose equipment performance issues on the spot and bring equipment back into good working order as needed.
- Excellent customer-relation skills are critical.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum one year of experience in the troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of heavy construction equipment required.
- Must have a strong mechanical and/or electrical background. Welding, hydraulic and/or pneumatic experience preferred.
- Experience in the asphalt industry, field of heavy road building and/or construction machinery industry preferred.
- Will train in Tacoma, WA. Must reside in or be willing to relocate to a region of the US convenient to the aforementioned service coverage area at his/her expense after training if necessary.
- Extensive travel is a must. Sufficient personal financial resources to make credit-based travel arrangements, etc. between monthly company reimbursement cycles required.
- Drug screen, physical, credit and background/driving record check required.
- High degree of mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics
- Self-motivated and responsible
- High level of customer service
- Ability to handle the physical demands of lifting up to 50 pounds, standing and kneeling for long periods of time, and working in tight or confined spaces
- Strong PC skills including MS Office (Word and Excel)
- Good judgment and decision-making skills
- Close attention to detail and accuracy in work
- Demonstrates organizational, analytical, and time management skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete assignments in a timely fashion
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Ability to perform well in a team environment
CRITICAL BEHAVIORAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Committed to continuous learning and self-development.
- Demonstrates positive self image, and accepts accountability for outcomes and results.
- Interacts with customers, employees and managers in a respectful way that builds trust and cooperation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk ; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Lifting devices must be used or help must be requested for anything over 35 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This Job Description describes the end results of what Carlson Paving is looking for in this position. The attitudes, actions and activities performed by all personnel are the foundation of our business.