Job Title: Regional Sales Manager
Reports To: Sales Manager
FLSA status: Exempt
Under the direction from the Sales Manager, the job of Sales Representative is responsible for calling on customers and dealers to sell Carlson Paving equipment and also assisting customers on scheduled service, repair, modifications and total field support for the Carlson Paving equipment as needed. Sales representatives are expected to travel to whatever destination is necessary to meet the needs of the customer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contact customers, dealers and prospects to sell Carlson Paving asphalt paving equipment.
- Provide multiple mechanical and/or training services to customers depending on whether the customer has purchased new equipment or has existing equipment.
- Expected to have a thorough knowledge of the equipment’s various systems. Must be able to accurately troubleshoot and diagnose equipment performance issues on the spot and bring equipment back into good working order as needed.
- Excellent customer-relation skills are critical.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in Sales and Service with asphalt paving equipment.
- Minimum one year of experience in the troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of heavy construction equipment required.
- Must have a strong mechanical and/or electrical background. Welding, hydraulic and/or pneumatic experience preferred.
- Experience in the asphalt industry, field of heavy road building and/or construction machinery industry preferred.
- Will train in Tacoma, WA. Must reside in or be willing to relocate to a region of the US convenient to the aforementioned service coverage area at his/her expense after training if necessary.
- Extensive travel is a must. Sufficient personal financial resources to make credit-based travel arrangements, etc. between monthly company reimbursement cycles required.
- Drug screen, physical, credit and background/driving record check required.
- High degree of mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics
- Self-motivated and responsible
- High level of customer service
- Ability to handle the physical demands of lifting up to 50 pounds, standing and kneeling for long periods of time, and working in tight or confined spaces
- Strong PC skills including MS Office (Word and Excel)
- Good judgment and decision-making skills
- Close attention to detail and accuracy in work
- Demonstrates organizational, analytical, and time management skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete assignments in a timely fashion
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and integrity and ability to perform well in a team environment
CRITICAL BEHAVIORAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Committed to continuous learning and self-development.
- Demonstrates positive self image, and accepts accountability for outcomes and results.
- Interacts with customers, employees and managers in a respectful way that builds trust and cooperation.
- Travel is required.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must be able to obtain a credit card in order to travel.
- Must be able to obtain a passport if necessary.
- Required to carry 100,000/300,000 liability insurance coverage on any personal vehicle used for company business.