Job Title: Assembler
Department: Manufacturing – Assembly
Reports To: Foreman
FLSA Status: Hourly – Non Exempt
Under the direction of the Assembly Foreman, the responsibilities of the Floor Assembler position include assembling fabricated parts at floor stations, and testing and calibrating parts and mechanisms to meet tolerances and product specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform visual inspection of assembly components
- Complete assembly of manufactured components
- Complete assembly of some electrical units when required
- Complete assembly of hydraulic units
- Ability to follow set drawings of assemblies
- Inspect all assemblies for completeness and accuracy
- Communicate to foreman any discrepancies
- Responsible for identifying units that do not meet tolerance levels and repair as necessary
- There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the floor assembler field
- Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Demonstrate willingness to work with others in a team environment
- Ability to work under immediate supervision
- Positive, willingness to learn and participate in a changing environment to reach a common goal; not to exceed one written warning
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED required
- Up to three years experience in floor assembler field or related area
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk ; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Lifting devices must be used or help must be requested for anything over 35 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This Job Description describes the end results of what Carlson Paving is looking for in this position. The attitudes, actions and activities performed by all personnel are the foundation of our business.