Job Title: Welder / Fabricator
Department: Manufacturing – Fabrication
Reports To: Foreman
FLSA Status: Hourly – Non Exempt
Under the direction of the Foreman, the responsibilities of the Welder / Fabricator position include fitting and joining, fabricating, and repairing metal and other weldable material by applying appropriate welding techniques in accordance with product specifications and production schedules.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assemble units according to product specifications utilizing hand and power tools.
- Responsible for identifying units that fail tests or tolerance limits and repair as necessary.
- Work with fitters or fitters/welders to assist in the fabrication or welding of multi-component parts.
- Inspect and correct welds as necessary to meet product specifications.
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks.
- The Welder/Fabricator is responsible for certain internal control responsibilities. These internal control responsibilities have been verbally communicated to the Welder/Fabricator and periodic feedback is provided as it relates to performance of internal control responsibilities.
- There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position
- Familiar with a variety of welder concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to understand welding symbols and diagrams, read blueprints, and/or other printed instructional material in the welding of products or parts.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with welding equipment such as torches, torch tips, filler rods, flux, hoses, valves, and gas cylinders.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Demonstrate willingness to work with others in a team environment.
- Positive, willingness to learn and participate in a changing environment to reach a common goal.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Up to two – four years welding experience or related field.
- Tape Measurement and Blueprint reading skills a must.
- Aluminum welding and heavy equipment manufacturing experience a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk ; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Lifting devices must be used or help must be requested for anything over 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This Job Description describes the end results of what Carlson Paving is looking for in this position. The attitudes, actions and activities performed by all personnel are the foundation of our business.