Job Title: Painter / Primer
Reports To: Foreman
FLSA Status: Hourly – Non Exempt
Under the direction of the Foreman, the Painter is responsible for applying paint to specified products. May choose paint according to application or job.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for Primer/ Paint areas including prepping and spraying manufactured parts.
- Duties include, cleaning, chipping, grinding, sanding as directed.
- Able to work in a fast-paced setting, and self motivated with a sense of urgency.
- Must be hard working, honest, and detail oriented.
- Must clean and maintain all equipment in your work station.
- Must have the ability to apply common sense and work independently.
- Must consider safety as a first priority in all processes of behavior.
- All other duties as assigned.
- The Painter/Primer is responsible for certain internal control responsibilities. These internal control responsibilities have been verbally communicated to the Painter/Primer and periodic feedback is provided as it relates to performance of internal control responsibilities.
- There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position
- Demonstrate willingness to work with others in a team environment.
- Positive, willingness to learn and participate in a changing environment to reach a common goal; not to exceed one written warning.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Two years preferred experience with painting and priming and use of HVLP equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk ; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Lifting devices must be used or help must be requested for anything over 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This Job Description describes the end results of what Carlson Paving is looking for in this position. The attitudes, actions and activities performed by all personnel are the foundation of our business.