Job Title: Final Assembler
Reports To: Foreman
FLSA Status: Hourly – Non Exempt
Under the direction of the Foreman, the Final Assembler is responsible for preparation of manufactured equipment in the final assembly area after paint for final shipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for assembling final components and applying decals to all machines in final assembly area.
- Maintain all Final Assembly standard operating procedure books and update new procedures as needed.
- Duties also include, mechanical assembly, masking, taping, cleaning, chipping, grinding, sanding as directed.
- Palletize and wrap equipment for final shipment.
- Load equipment with fork lift on trucks for shipment.
- All other duties as assigned
- The Final Assembler is responsible for certain internal control responsibilities. These internal control responsibilities have been verbally communicated to the Final Assembler and periodic feedback is provided as it relates to performance of internal control responsibilities.
- There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position
- Able to work in a fast-paced setting, and self-motivated with a sense of urgency.
- Must be hardworking, honest, and detail oriented.
- Must clean and maintain all equipment in your work station.
- Must have the ability to apply common sense and work independently.
- Must consider safety as a first priority in all processes of behavior.
- Ability to lift 35lbs
- Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Demonstrate willingness to work with others in a team environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk ; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Lifting devices must be used or help must be requested for anything over 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This Job Description describes the end results of what Carlson Paving is looking for in this position. The attitudes, actions and activities performed by all personnel are the foundation of our business.